Life Did That List
My friend Peesta keeps a digital post it note with her life to do list on it.
I thought it was cool so I started doing it too.
Earlier this week I started looking at mine, and started to feel like I hadn’t done much in a while.
So then I made a Life Did That List… and it was ten times longer.
And it made me feel great.
It also made me realize that many of my big DID THAT adventures… were with Peesta!
1. We drove across America and back in twelve days with Beefy and Bigs. This is just after a pit stop at the North Rim, after which we went on around to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Complete with hot dogs, a camp fire and waking up to a guy playing taps on his trumpet. Boom. ‘Merica.
2. A few years later we road tripped all over Alaska, flew onto some glaciers, hung around Denali feeling like small peons on this great planet and took a ferry back down the coast to Seattle.
2B. And after the Alaska ferry we went to PRIDE in San Francisco with a bunch of our old gal pals!
3. We went to Cairo, Egypt to visit our gal pal Hot Dog. Saw pyramids, churches and upon entry to a mosque the security guards had to confiscate a TK flask from a fanny pack. We were so embarrassed and after touring around tried to run through the exit unnoticed, but alas the security guards shouted, “WHISKEY WHISKEY!” and howled with laughter as they returned the flask to the trashy ‘Merican tourists that we’d always hoped we wouldn’t be.
4. After a strongbad woman warrior conference at Rehobeth Beach, Hot Dog and I picked up Peesta in Philly and drove on over to MAMMOTH CAVE in Kentucky. We marveled at the underground wonder, hit the urban bourbon trail, the rural bourbon trail, and of course… the CREATION MUSEUM.
5. I spent a week checking out Peesta’s new life in Sandy Eggo. We roller coastered at Disney Land, hung out with cage fighters and sang karaoke at this… castle party. I think I’m hitting a low note here.
5b. Yes. Disney Land.
6. We drove from Brussels to Istanbul and back. Highlights include: white knuckle driving in Bulgaria, visiting the Hagia Sophia, napping in Thessaloniki, hunting mid-traffic in Albania, getting the Croatia grand tour/impassioned history lessons by Katarina and being freaked out by the incredible hospitality of Macedonians. This is the luxury apartment we stayed at in Skopje.
7. We also do traditional adventures like celebrate the marriage of our SG friends!
7B. But we can’t ALWAYS do the prom pose…
8. We celebrated the first thanksgiving together!
9. Had family dinners together.
10. Played rugby together. I was a prop and Peesta was second row. When we would crouch and hold we’d say stuff like THROW ME TO THE MOON! or INTO NEXT CENTURY!!! TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!
I have laughed out loud pulling these pictures together.
Remembering all the fun and great friendships in my life.
I am forever grateful for my friend and fellow adventurer, Peesta.
And all of the TK Strongbad Women Warrior SGs.
A lot of people say college is the best time of your life.
Perhaps something magical STARTED there…
But it definitely keeps on getting better with age.
If you need some inspiration, just watch UP!